Pathway Intensive English Online is tailored for students wishing to get a head start. After these 4 weeks of intensive course, students will be using English more confidently and will be well prepared to take on academic studies.
Pathway Intensive English is an online course and the follow up programme will start the following year, on campus Jönköping.
The course is ideal for students who have an IELTS score of at least 6.0 or equivalent (no section below 5.5) and wish to become eligible for studying at Jönköping University.
This intensive course will help the student to develop their academic writing skills, oral presentation, how to use a range of academic study techniques, how to evaluate and cite sources and learn about the basics of academic research.
In addition, at the end of the pathway course, students will receive a certificate of completion. The certificate gives direct entry to a degree programme at Jönköping University.
As part of the course you will be doing two weeks of individual preparation; reading and researching materials with the support of teachers, followed by four weeks intensive learning.
The course offers the possibility of enhancing your writing style and cohesiveness, participating in group discussions and presentations, analysing academic reading and critical thinking, and understanding academic referencing and research ethics.
Lectures and workshops as well as individual work and group work. Active participation is required in group work and workshops in order to meet the requirements of the course. The teaching is conducted in English.
After the programme
Upon completion of the programme you will have received:
- direct entry to a degree programme at Jönköping University, if you have added a follow up programme in your application and been preliminary accepted
- the English language preparation in reading, writing, listening and speaking necessary for enrollment in degree programmes at Jönköping University
- support in adjusting to the demands, challenges and expectations of Swedish higher education
- acclimatization to Swedish culture making it easier to live and study in Sweden
In addition at the end of the pathway programme, you will receive a certificate of completion demonstrating skills equivalent to the Swedish high school course English 6. This is the most common English language level required for entering higher education in Sweden. You can read more about corresponding levels in other countries here. External link, opens in new window.
Facts and requirements
You can submit your application online. Choose one of the following options, and the link below will take you to the application form.
- Applying for Pathway and Undergraduate Programme External link, opens in new window.
- Applying for Pathway and Master Programme External link, opens in new window.
- Applying for Pathway Programme (only) External link, opens in new window.
Note: The follow up programme will start in August 2024.