Given the many faculty members working as part of CeFEO and the heterogeneity of their research interests, it is no surprise that different research projects, leading to different publications, have been developed over time.
Below you can find links to scientific publications authored by CeFEO members. These reflect the breadth of the research at CeFEO while offering important scientific results in the areas of family business and/or ownership.
Selected publications (from 2018)
In bold are indicated JIBS faculty members affiliated with CeFEO:
- Chirico, F., Welsh, D. H., Ireland, R. D., & Sieger, P. (in press). Family versus Non‐Family Firm Franchisors: Behavioural and Performance Differences. Journal of Management Studies.
- Markowska, M., & Wiklund, J. (in press). Entrepreneurial learning under uncertainty: exploring the role of self-efficacy and perceived complexity. Entrepreneurship & Regional Development.
- Nordqvist, M., & Gartner, W. B. (in press). Literature, Fiction, and the Family Business. Family Business Review.
- Pittino D., Chirico, F., Baù, M., Barron E., Naranjo-Priego E.E., Villasana M. (in press). Starting a Family Business as a Career Option: The Role of the Family Household in Mexico. Journal of Family Business Strategy.
- Ramírez‐Pasillas, M., Lundberg, H., & Nordqvist, M. (in press). Next generation external venturing practices in family owned businesses. Journal of Management Studies.
- Chirico, F., Gómez-Mejia, L. R., Hellerstedt, K., Withers, M., & Nordqvist, M. (in press). To merge, sell, or liquidate? Socioemotional wealth, family control, and the choice of business exit. Journal of Management.
- Muñoz-Bullón, F., Sanchez-Bueno, M. J., & Nordqvist, M. (in press). Growth intentions in family-based new venture teams. Management Decision.
- Naldi, L., Baù, M., Ahl, H., & Markowska, M. (in press). Gender (in) equality within the household and business start-up among mothers. Small Business Economics.
- Netz, J., Svensson, M., & Brundin, E. (in press). Business disruptions and affective reactions: A strategy-as-practice perspective on fast strategic decision making. Long Range Planning.
- Pittino, D., Chirico, F., Henssen, B., & Broekaert, W. (in press). Does increased generational involvement foster business growth? The moderating roles of family involvement in ownership and management. European Management Review.
- Steigenberger, N., & Mirc, N. (in press). Should I stay or should I go? Multi-focus identification and employee retention in post-acquisition integration. Human Relations.
- Astrachan J., Binz-Astrachan C., Campopiano G., Baù, M. (2020). Values, Spirituality and Religion: Family Business and the Roots of Sustainable Ethical Behavior. Journal of Business Ethics, 163, 637–645.
- Barbera, F., Shi, H. X., Agarwal, A., & Edwards, M. (2020). The Family That Prays Together Stays Together: Toward a Process Model of Religious Value Transmission in Family Firms. Journal of Business Ethics, 163, 661–673.
- Chirico, F., Criaco, G., Baù, M., Naldi, L., Gomez-Mejia, L. R., & Kotlar, J. (2020). To patent or not to patent: That is the question. Intellectual property protection in family firms. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 44(2), 339-367.
- Lauto, G., Pittino, D., & Visintin, F. (2020). Satisfaction of entrepreneurs: A comparison between founders and family business successors. Journal of Small Business Management, 58(3), 474-510.
- van Helvert-Beugels, J., Nordqvist, M., & Flören, R. (2020). Managing tensions as paradox in CEO succession: The case of nonfamily CEO in a family firm. International Small Business Journal, 38(3), 211-242.
- Balachandran, C., Wennberg, K., & Uman, T. (2019). National culture diversity in new venture boards: The role of founders' relational demography. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 13(3), 410-434.
- Bauweraerts, J., Sciascia, S., Naldi, L., & Mazzola, P. (2019). Family CEO and board service: Turning the tide for export scope in family SMEs. International Business Review, 28(5), 101583.
- Baù, M., Chirico, F., Pittino, D., Backman, M., & Klaesson, J. (2019). Roots to grow: Family firms and local embeddedness in rural and urban contexts. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 43(2), 360-385.
- Dąbrowska, J., Lopez‐Vega, H., & Ritala, P. (2019). Waking the sleeping beauty: Swarovski’s open innovation journey. R&D Management. 49(5), 775-788.
- Evansluong, Q., & Ramírez Pasillas, M. (2019). The role of family social capital in immigrants’ entrepreneurial opportunity creation processes. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 36(1/2).
- Iyer, D. N., Baù, M., Chirico, F., Patel, P. C., & Brush, T. H. (2019). The triggers of local and distant search: Relative magnitude and persistence in explaining acquisition relatedness. Long Range Planning, 52(5), 101825.
- Markowska, M., Grichnik, D., Brinckmann, J., & Kapsa, D. (2019). Strategic orientations of nascent entrepreneurs: antecedents of prediction and risk orientation. Small Business Economics, 53(4), 859-878.
- Patel, P. C., Criaco, G., & Naldi, L. (2018). Geographic diversification and the survival of born-globals. Journal of Management, 44(5), 2008-2036.
- Salvato, C., Chirico, F., Melin, L., & Seidl, D. (2019). Coupling Family Business Research with Organization Studies: Interpretations, Issues and Insights. Organization Studies, 40(6), 775-791.
- Sanchez-Famoso, V., Pittino, D., Chirico, F., Maseda, A., & Iturralde, T. (2019). Social capital and innovation in family firms: The moderating roles of family control and generational involvement. Scandinavian Journal of Management, 35(3), 101043.
- Wielsma, A. J., & Brunninge, O. (2019). “Who am I? Who are we?” Understanding the impact of family business identity on the development of individual and family identity in business families. Journal of Family Business Strategy, 10(1), 38-48.
- Chirico, F., Salvato, C., Byrne, B., Akhter, N., & Arriaga Múzquiz, J. (2018). Commitment escalation to a failing family business. Journal of Small Business Management, 56(3), 494-512.
- Fitz-Koch, S., Nordqvist, M., Carter, S., & Hunter, E. (2018). Entrepreneurship in the agricultural sector: A literature review and future research opportunities. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 42(1), 129-166.
- Pittino, D., Visintin, F., & Lauto, G. (2018). Fly away from the nest? A configurational analysis of family embeddedness and individual attributes in the entrepreneurial entry decision by next-generation members. Family Business Review, 31(3), 271-294.
- Pittino, D., Martínez, A. B., Chirico, F., & Galván, R. S. (2018). Psychological ownership, knowledge sharing and entrepreneurial orientation in family firms: The moderating role of governance heterogeneity. Journal of Business Research, 84, 312-326.
- Waldkirch, M., Nordqvist, M., & Melin, L. (2018). CEO turnover in family firms: How social exchange relationships influence whether a non-family CEO stays or leaves. Human Resource Management Review, 28(1), 56-67.
This list is updated through the Jönköping University Library digital database (DIVA).
Lundberg, H., Ramirez-Pasillas, M., Ratten, V. (2021). Social innovation in emerging economies and developing countries. In: Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology Abingdon, UK: Routledge
Ramirez-Pasillas, M., Ratten, V., Lundberg, H. (2021). Social innovation of new ventures: Achieving social inclusion and sustainability in emerging economies and developing countries. Abingdon, UK: Routledge
Sahamkhadam, M., Stephan, A., Östermark, R. (2020). Copula-based Black-Litterman portfolio optimization. SSRN
Baum, C., Lööf, H., Stephan, A., Zimmermann, K. (2020). "Löneskillnader finns – men inte inom låglönesektorn". Dagens Nyheter
Brunninge, O., Plate, M., Ramírez-Pasillas, M. (2020). Family business social responsibility: Is CSR different in family firms?. In: Research on Emotion in Organizations Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing Limited
Desai, S., Eklund, J., Lappi, E. (2020). Entry Regulation and Persistence of Profits in Incumbent Firms. Review of Industrial Organization
Achtenhagen, L., Cestino, J. (2020). Qualitative methods in media management research. In: Management and Economics of Communication (pp. 129-147). Walter de Gruyter
Ratten, V., Ramirez-Pasillas, M., Lundberg, H. (2020). Managing sustainable innovation. In: Innovation and Technology Horizons Abingdon, UK: Routledge
Mugwaneza, O., Brunninge, O. (2020). Business networks and small and medium enterprise growth in Rwanda. In: Frontiers in African Business Research Singapore: Springer
Sandino Vargas, E. (2020). Capturing the antecedents and aftermath of a family business process: The entrepreneurial journey of a displaced agricultural family in Colombia. (Doctoral thesis, Jönköping: Jönköping University, Jönköping International Business School)
All hits from DiVA (946)
Content updated 2020-09-21