All students -local and international may be eligible to go on a semester exchange.
You must be able to demonstrate that you have the academic background and personal qualities needed to become a successful exchange student. All applicants must meet the following general requirements, as well as any specific requirements of the host university they are applying for.
- You must be currently enrolled in a degree program at HHJ.
- You must be of good academic standing (for more information regarding your study programme see the "Opportunities within your programme" in the left menu).
- The ability to assess and exhibit appropriate behaviour in a variety of situations.
- Social and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- The ability to cope personally with the challenges of living in a different country. This includes adjusting to different cultures, systems, lifestyles and living conditions.
- Capacity to act as an ambassador of HHJ.
- Willingness to abide by the rules and regulations of the Exchange Program.
Please contact International Relations Office if you would like to discuss your eligibility before submitting an application.
All partner unviersities we are having a cooperation with are offering courses in English. It does mean that you do not need to speak the language of the country you are going to. Nevertheless this might be a benefit for you, especially in Spain, France and German. Once you are accepted for an exchange semester you will receive English language Proficiency letter from your coordinator at JU. This letter is a proof of your language prerequesities and it is accepted by many of our partner universities. However Language Proficiency letter is not accepted by ALL universities, especially some of the universities in the US and Australia are still requiring TOEFL tests. Please check Intapps for actual English requirements information for each university.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
Specific information about how many credits you must earn prior to going abroad and what courses are essential can be found at "Opportunities within your programme" section where you can find programme specific information.