Office of the Future
Office of the Future – Efficient Coordination, Collaboration and Knowledge Sharing in Enterprises
Information and knowledge are considered by many to be an organization's most valuable assets. Organizations have always been interested in being able to provide accurate information to the right people at the correct time, preferably immediately upon request, to the correct persons to be able to take correct business decisions (need-oriented information supply). The long-term goal of the project is to take advantage of the advances in the areas of transparent materials, information and communication technologies, and human-computer interaction, to be able to chart the way forward toward the future office. This will be achieved by developing innovative tools and a platform for improved coordination, collaboration and knowledge sharing among office workers.
Industrial partners: PDB, Tengbom
Research and governmental organisations: School of Engineering, Glass Research Institute, County Council in Kalmar
Project runtime: 2014
Funded by: Smart Housing Småland (Vinnova)
- A project management work process based on the result from interviews with office workers at the partner companies and organisations
- A unit meeting process based on the result from interviews with office workers at the partner companies and organisations
- An office work process based on the result from interviews with office workers at the partner companies and organisations
- A four-level synthetic architectural model that describes Workplace Innovation (WI) and connects to ontology, business process modelling, information architecture, user experience, and enterprise architecture.
- Tan, H., Resmini, A., Tarasov, V. & Adlemo, A. (2015). Workplace Innovation in Swedish Local Organizations – Technology Aspect. In: Business Information Systems Workshops, (Ed.) Witold Abramowicz, 2015, Vol. 228, pp. 139--147. More information
- Benyon, D. & Resmini, A. (2015). Blended Spaces and Cross-channel Ecosystems. In: Proceedings of the 2015 ACM SIGCHI Conference on Creativity and Cognition, ACM Digital Library, 2015. More information
- Resmini, A., Tan, H., Tarasov, V. & Adlemo, A. (2016). View From the Office – Reconceptualizing the Workplace as an Information-based Ecosystem. In: Proceedings of the 6th STS Italia Conference – Sociotechnical Environments, 2016.
Anders Adlemo, Associate Professor
Content updated 2020-07-02